Knowing and understanding your own body language and the body language of others is an amazingly powerful tool. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- You can understand your emotions and feelings better by paying attention to your body.
- You will have a better understanding what you are communicating to others.
- You can increase your confidence or receptiveness by simply adjusting how you are standing or sitting.
- You will become a better listener and observer of people’s wants and needs.
- You can alter your mood with a few simple gesture changes.
- Understanding body language will improve your business interactions.
- Understanding body language will improve your social interactions.
- You will become a better speaker as you learn the impact of how you present yourself to your audience.
- You will catch others being deceitful.
- You may catch yourself being deceitful too!
These are just a few of the many ways understanding body language will benefit you and others. Here are two books I recommend reading to get a better understanding of body language.
Joe is an Ex-FBI agent who draws from his experience interrogating 100s of people. Great book, a very practical story filled approach to help you learn about body language.
This book is full of practical tips and images to help you understand body language from a layman’s perspective. Easy and entertaining to read. Very practical reference book for body language learning.
What surprised you the most about the things Amy Cuddy was saying?